A Hero Within® – Measurable Results
During the implementation and completion of the A Hero Within® – Today’s Youth • Tomorrow’s Leaders three-year pilot program, the graduation rate of the students involved increased. The following are comments received by the sponsoring education cooperative:
- We had an increase by 15-20% in the graduation rate during the first year of the program implementation.
- Overall there was a very positive response to this program. There was an increase in positive communication, willingness to get along with others, increased work ethic, and increased peer respect.
- The quality of the curriculum was above average in content, organization and format, discussion questions and writing prompts, and real-life scenarios.
- The overall class activities were rated above average, including the vocabulary words.
- Mr. Vitale connected personally with the students and curriculum during the assembly. This put a face with the author.
- This program provided motivation for students to expand their future education and career goals.
- Curriculum activities extended student knowledge and caused them to use higher order thinking skills.
- We have experienced a decreased amount of student referrals from the at-risk population that Mr. Vitale visited, as well as an increase in the number of college applicants. We want to continue this project in the future.
- The message was very inspirational and motivating to our students.
- We especially liked the activities, bell ringers, and writing prompts.
The following represent various statistics gathered by Paul while working with students during the A Hero Within® student assemblies and breakout sessions:
- 62% consider themselves role models
- 33% consider professional athletes to be positive influences
- 81% have profiles on Facebook
- 32% are bullied at school
- 48% fear failure and rejection
- 55% send text messages while driving a vehicle
After the initial year of the A Hero Within® – Today’s Youth • Tomorrow’s Leaders program implementation, student assemblies, subsequent personnel trainings, and parent presentations are available to keep the program’s momentum at full steam. Realizing the flux of the student body—along with the importance of presenting fresh and exciting content to your school personnel, parents, and guardians—Paul is available to return to your school periodically to renew interest, generate excitement and reinforce the concepts taught daily in your classrooms. In addition, existing curriculum kit components and future additions are available for individual purchase to supplement and replenish your supply.